Portland Rose Festival is just around the corner! This year, the famous parade and community events pops up on June 10th in downtown Portland from 10am to 2pm. We are very excited to see the amazing work from all the artists who will be featured this year!
In honor of the amazing event’s procession and creative centerpieces, we have some amazing tips for your own backyard and floral arrangements. Basically if there’s a way to show off the plants you’ve propagated, we have some tips for you!
- Think outside the vase! Create arrangements that challenge the borders of composition by using interactive and extensive floral elements to dance inside and out of the vase.
- Anything is a vase! Upcycle some wine and milk bottles as well as anything else that can frame the floral arrangements. Even a tin can be a beautiful and creative way to create a centerpiece.
- All about the angles! Make sure to cut your stems at an angle and foil the bottom to make your flowers last longer!
- Hammer the bottoms of these flowers too, this helps them absorb water faster and more easily!
- Hairspray is for more than pageant girls! Lightly spray the bottom or underside of the blommin’ beauties to keep them fresh and well preserved!
These are our best tips for floral arrangements, please show us some of your best works in the comments below!